Help!!! Acan dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter jennyQwQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jennyQwQ

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AC148106-6A9F-4AE8-B8C4-EB294331AFDD.jpeg

Hi I saw this half died acan in LFS that they offer it for free. So I was like why not give it a try. My water parameter is normal and not much coral in the tank ATM regular water change each week. So probably is not the cause. In dip it in dipx, the necrosis seems stoped a bit and carry on. So I tried reef dip which is a disinfectant which should kill the bacteria. Did not work. All my other Acan and coral in the tank is fine only this one keep retracting. So maybe is not the infection causing the proble?
 
AC148106-6A9F-4AE8-B8C4-EB294331AFDD.jpeg

Hi I saw this half died acan in LFS that they offer it for free. So I was like why not give it a try. My water parameter is normal and not much coral in the tank ATM regular water change each week. So probably is not the cause. In dip it in dipx, the necrosis seems stoped a bit and carry on. So I tried reef dip which is a disinfectant which should kill the bacteria. Did not work. All my other Acan and coral in the tank is fine only this one keep retracting. So maybe is not the infection causing the proble?
Acans like dirty water, and murky as well.....lots of nutrients. Feed it and keep your light moderate to low....If you have some coral food handy....drop some on there and hope it comes around. Most likely it has been starved......probably not over-lighted.....also, cooler temps are good. PS...I make a food called Coral Curry that this coral would love! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new