Help! Accidentally Fed SPOILED brine shrimp to fish

AustinW78

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
27
Location
Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have accidentally fed spoiled brine shrimp to my tank. I am currently panicking as I do not know what to do. The shrimp were from yesterday morning in a shot glass that was unfortunately left out for around 36ish hours. It was mixed with fresh flakes and they mainly ate those. Ammonia test on the tank came back at 0. They all ate a bit of it but seemed to mainly eat the flakes. There was not many shrimp to begin with but the water was definitely cloudy in the glass. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
I think you’ll be alright. What size tank?
 
I think you’ll be alright. What size tank?
40 gal breeder. They all seemed to hate it and I registered about halfway thru feeding and then of course stopped. They ate a small portion though unfortunately.
 
Probably no worse than some of the junk that floats by them in the ocean. Lol. I'd keep more of an eye on any impact on water-quality; not to much you can do now with what's been consumed. Keep us posted-- and best wishes.
 
Update: All fish are eating and still doing well, I believe I may have gotten lucky and haven't gotten any of them sick. 🙏
 
Update: All fish are eating and still doing well, I believe I may have gotten lucky and haven't gotten any of them sick. 🙏
Been there and done that. Smells horrid but fish still love it
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new