Help! Best skimmer on the market that fits in the NUVO Fusion Pro AIO 30L Skimmer Chamber???!!!

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've poked around the forums to see if I could get some info on this and nothing is really pointing me in a firm direction just yet.

I'm looking for a solid skimmer that will fit in the skimmer chamber in a Nuvo Fusion Pro AIO 30L tank.

This little reef will be for a mix of ultra colored Zoa, LPS and softies.

Want to get the best Skimmer I can get my hands on for this but must fit in the chamber.

My short list is the Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 DC and Midsize NuvoSkim DC Protein Skimmer by IM.

I'm not seeing a nano-skimmer by Deltec that would work. Are there any other skimmers I should be looking at? What do you folks think... the very best skimmer I can do for this build?

20210206_182855.jpg

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the AquaMaxx WS-1 which is advertised as an in-sump but seemed to have a small enough footprint to fit one of my AIO chambers in my Fiji Cube tank (tho I did have to trim down the intake pump nozzle which didn't seem to be part of the measurement). It's a bit of tight fit and I haven't plugged it in yet to rate performance, but 2 other skimmers I was researching and eyeing were:
- the Eshopps Nano (good for 10-35 gallon tanks per website)
- Hydor Slim Skim (good for up to 35 gallons per website)

Asian Hurricane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Hydor Slim Skimmer will not work in this tank due to the water level being too low in the sump. This only applies to the second chamber, if you're willing to put it in the main overflow chamber then it will work. But I think the main overflow chamber is better suited for something else like a media caddy or uv sterilizer, etc.

ocboat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the Aquaticlife 115 skimmer in my 50 lagoon. It fits in the second chamber and is working very well. It's a little undersized for the tank but so is everything that would fit in that second chamber. Another bonus is that the skimmer is only $43.00 so I figured I didn't have much to lose but I'm actually pretty impressed.

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the AquaMaxx WS-1 which is advertised as an in-sump but seemed to have a small enough footprint to fit one of my AIO chambers in my Fiji Cube tank (tho I did have to trim down the intake pump nozzle which didn't seem to be part of the measurement). It's a bit of tight fit and I haven't plugged it in yet to rate performance, but 2 other skimmers I was researching and eyeing were:
- the Eshopps Nano (good for 10-35 gallon tanks per website)
- Hydor Slim Skim (good for up to 35 gallons per website)
Thanks for feedback and info!

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydor Slim Skimmer will not work in this tank due to the water level being too low in the sump. This only applies to the second chamber, if you're willing to put it in the main overflow chamber then it will work. But I think the main overflow chamber is better suited for something else like a media caddy or uv sterilizer, etc.
Thanks for feedback!

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the Aquaticlife 115 skimmer in my 50 lagoon. It fits in the second chamber and is working very well. It's a little undersized for the tank but so is everything that would fit in that second chamber. Another bonus is that the skimmer is only $43.00 so I figured I didn't have much to lose but I'm actually pretty impressed.
Good feedback... thanks!

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you wind up going with?
I ended up going with the Tunze. So far though between the live sand, well cycled rock and the well cycled marine pure blocks in the 2 media chambers in the back, the system is running very clean with near zero nitrates. Long way of saying the skimmer has not had to do much work yet. Skimmate has been light and thin to date. I've got this guy loaded with coral to that's helping to suck all those nutrients up as well. I'm considering adding a couple more fish and a heavier feeding regimen just to help bump up the system nutrients and make the skimmer work a little...
20210401_194901.jpg

Dreadneck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with the Tunze. So far though between the live sand, well cycled rock and the well cycled marine pure blocks in the 2 media chambers in the back, the system is running very clean with near zero nitrates. Long way of saying the skimmer has not had to do much work yet. Skimmate has been light and thin to date. I've got this guy loaded with coral to that's helping to suck all those nutrients up as well. I'm considering adding a couple more fish and a heavier feeding regimen just to help bump up the system nutrients and make the skimmer work a little...
20210401_194901.jpg

Hi I have the IM Fusion Pro 30L as well and was also looking at the Tunze 9004 or the IM NuvoSkim Midsize. Does the Tunze 9004 fit in the second chambers ok? The person at the local Aquarium store did not think it would and recommended that I go with the NuvoSkim instead. Do you have a pic of the Tunzee in the second chamber? Thanks!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back