Help - Cannot reconnect Red Sea Reef Wave 45

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All A while ago my Reef Wave 45 was connected to Reefbeat and working well. At some stage I went to controller mode, but cannot now reconnect. ReefBeat tells me that the Reef Wave is already in the device manager, but shows as ‘no connectivity’, and when I find the Reef Wave as one of the networks on my iPad I cannot get connected. Any ideas please - thank you..

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would happen to me on occasion with the reef wave 25. Check the manual for hard reboot and then you’ll have to reconnect the device.

If that doesn’t work, you can reach out to their support, I tried to find the email from them, but they did give me a way to do a separate type of reboot that was needed in a couple of cases.

Good luck!

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it!

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your ReefWave. It sounds like the controller may be frozen
Please try following the steps below and let me know if you continue to have issues.
Move the controller to "controller mode" and select the uniform wave option. The indicator LEDs around the dial will not be pulsing on/off as they should which is the confirmation that the controller is Frozen.
Immediately do a DC reset (Disconnect the DC plug for 2 seconds and reconnect the DC plug) and the unit should restart correctly.
Move the controller back to ReefBeat mode and it should resume the current schedule.
Repeat if necessary.

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it!

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your ReefWave. It sounds like the controller may be frozen
Please try following the steps below and let me know if you continue to have issues.
Move the controller to "controller mode" and select the uniform wave option. The indicator LEDs around the dial will not be pulsing on/off as they should which is the confirmation that the controller is Frozen.
Immediately do a DC reset (Disconnect the DC plug for 2 seconds and reconnect the DC plug) and the unit should restart correctly.
Move the controller back to ReefBeat mode and it should resume the current schedule.
Repeat if necessary.
Thank you so much. I will try that this evening.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back