HELP chevron tang not eating

Jayp5117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to start my chevron tang stopped eating as of yesterday. He has been in he tank for 3 months or maybe a little more now. He has always been a pig and loves his algea. But for some reason he just quit eating and is acting a little odd. I had a watchman goby go crazy the other day spinning around and going crazy until he died. All my other fish look fine and the chevron does as well. Parameters are 1.025, 78°, and all other levels are at zero. No idea what could be causing this

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Sounds like "whirling disease" that you see in freshwater fish like trout and some others. It's a brain parasite from what I've read/remember. Not good.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be willing to wager flukes and/or internal parasites. A freshwater dip can tell you if there are flukes.

OP
OP
Jayp5117

Jayp5117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I did a good water change and tested parameters again but still would not eat. Tonight I was going to set up my hospital tank and figured I'd try to feed one more time and before I put the food in the tank he was at the top waiting for it. So thankfully whatever ticked him off he is over and eating like crazy again thanks everyone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back