Help choose lighting for RedSea Reefer Xl 200

DerekB4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a RedSea Reefer XL 200 and getting the equipment together. l am looking for some what of a budget light. I was thinking a AI Hydra 26 or a Reefbreeder Photon V-2 16.

I was leaning towards the Reefbreeder lights Photon 16 for the price point plus the mounting legs included. Would the Photon V-2 16 work for an LPS/softy tank and a few sps?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a RedSea Reefer XL 200 and getting the equipment together. l am looking for some what of a budget light. I was thinking a AI Hydra 26 or a Reefbreeder Photon V-2 16.

I was leaning towards the Reefbreeder lights Photon 16 for the price point plus the mounting legs included. Would the Photon V-2 16 work for an LPS/softy tank and a few sps?

It would work wonderfully

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120G tank 48” long 24” deep and was using two AI Primes. I just switched to a Reefbreeder 32-V2 and love the light. I’m still holding back on the total power as I acclimate the tank to the new lights. I don’t have access to a PAR meter but I have no doubt this is a much better light for my tank.

Two big differences. First, there is a much more active AI user group where you can exchange lighting profiles (programs) with other people. Second, the AI user interface and programming is super easy. The Reefbreeder you set the intensity of each light channel by the hour, and the controller is a bit tedious for programming. With AI it’s more dragging levels across a timeline. I’m more of a “set and forget” once I have a light profile I like so programming the Reefbreeder doesn’t bother me.

BRS has videos on both lights, and I think the Reefbreeder is the better value.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back