Help Choosing Stock Please

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I’m just finishing up a new 120 gal “consolidation” build. I took all 7 of my tanks down and consolidated bits of each into one tank. It was getting to be too much and overtaking my life. The problem with consolidating everything into one tank is that I can’t decide on which fish to keep. My list is way too big so I need help in trying to narrow it down. The tank has ran fallow for over 2 months and half the fish have been QT’d and treated for everything under the sun. The first list is of fish The ones that have been through QT. The second are fish I want or haven’t been through QT;

QT’d Fish
-purple tang
-salfin tang
-hippo tang
-niger trigger
-emperor angel
-coral beauty
-matted file fish
-long nose hawk
-paired Wyoming white & midnight clowns

Not yet QT’d fish
-white cheek/gold rim tang
-kole tang
-spotted rabbit
-wardley wrasse or leopard wrasse
-black spotted box fish
-yellow watchman
-green mandarin
-engineer goby
-2~3 purple queen anthias

I know I can’t put all of these in this small of a tank but some things that are important to me are keeping multiple tangs and I’d really like to keep the niger and blue jaw/throat triggers together if possible. I will also ad that all fish are under 3” and the first list has all been kept together in a 75 aside from the emperor who was not in that tank. No fish have been added yet so I have opportunity to add specific fish at the same time to help with territory issues. I have a decent filtration and thebtamks that made this system are all very established tanks and should be able to handle a big bio load. And one last thing to add, the fish that haven’t been QT’d will need to be able to survive at least 6 -8 weeks in a QT tank. Sorry for such a long post. I appreciate your time and any feed back you’re willing share.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 tanks? I can see why you want to consolidate. Will this be a reef?

I assume this is the standard 4*2*2 120 gallon?

There are quite a few fishes listed that will be too big for that tank:
sailfin tang
hippo tang
niger trigger
emperor angel
white cheek tang
spotted rabbitfish

I see you want two tangs. Of the ones you listed, your best bet would be the purple and the kole, and add them last and together.

My list...out of your list...in order:

leopard wrasse
yellow watchman
clown pair
wardly wrasse (H. melanurus)
longnosed hawk
engineer goby
coral beauty angel
purple and kole tangs

That seems like a lot of fish, but I think it's doable. The tangs are a bit of a risk with each other and the angel.

Back