Help! Coal ID

Gfuller

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2014
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm not 100% sure what type of coral this is. Can anyone help? I'll get a better picture tonight but this is from last night. I know it's an LPS, but trying to get more specific and I can't quite find exactly what it is.
IMG_20231001_200422120.jpg
 
Hey everyone, I'm not 100% sure what type of coral this is. Can anyone help? I'll get a better picture tonight but this is from last night. I know it's an LPS, but trying to get more specific and I can't quite find exactly what it is.
IMG_20231001_200422120.jpg
Blastomussa welsi. Low light and flow, they do like to eat so you can put powered food or mysis on them maybe once a week to help them grow more heads faster.
 
Thank you both! I kind of that it looked one but wasn't to sure. I'll make sure to feed the little guy tonight!
 
Looks big for a blasto... could it be a scoly? (Just guessing here...)
If you are thinking a button scoly, then no, but a good guess. The little spikes are what gives it away. Blastos have soft tentacles that look like spikes. I’m guessing that despite being blue lighting that the blasto is a bright light blue center with either a red or purple skirt.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new