HELP! Coral Beauty Curved

marinefisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help. My coral beauty today since about 8 hours has a curve to them. It’s just resting at the bottom of the tank trying to swim but is having trouble and has a constant curve to them. I have done tests and all are showing as fine so no concern. Any advice?

IMG_7403.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a video taken under white light?

This fish is moribund, close to death. There isn’t anything you can do for it really, so my concern would be to ensure any other fish in the tank are protected.

Jay

OP
OP
M

marinefisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a video taken under white light?

This fish is moribund, close to death. There isn’t anything you can do for it really, so my concern would be to ensure any other fish in the tank are protected.

Jay
Thank you for replying Jay. Do you know what might have caused it to curve that way? Could it be an infection? I will post a better picture once the light comes on in the tank today

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for replying Jay. Do you know what might have caused it to curve that way? Could it be an infection? I will post a better picture once the light comes on in the tank today

It very often is muscle contraction that occurs when a fish is near death. There are also some rare, internal diseases like Microsporidians that might cause muscle contractions.

Jay

OP
OP
M

marinefisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It very often is muscle contraction that occurs when a fish is near death. There are also some rare, internal diseases like Microsporidians that might cause muscle contractions.

Jay
That’s really helpful. Thank you very much for your help.
Unfortunately we lost the Coral Beauty this morning so will keep a close eye on my other fish

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back