Help: Crab ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kdocimo90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kdocimo90

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
4
Location
Stamford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these blue crabs that were sold as "blue porcelain crabs" but clearly are not. they are sort of spider-ey and burrow/dig themselves into the sand.














 


I've been told they may be some type of blue sand/mud crab, but can't find much information about them
 
When in doubt, take it out!

Never seen one yet, I wouldn't leave it in my reef tho, I would toss it in the sump until I knew for sure. I'm def interested on finding an ID, I'll do some looking too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new