Help! Favia has white spots.

  • Thread starter Thread starter eqbal9947
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eqbal9947

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
356
Location
Fort Mcmurray
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this could be.
seems to be around and potentially coming out of the mouths.
My parameters are good other than phosphate which is coming down (0.22)
Tank is 2 Months old and other corals except my chalice look fine.
I’m wondering if it’s from phosphate swings or low nitrate which is at 13 ppm
08279D11-D169-46C2-B138-F05E8FE29289.jpeg
1FAFE7B6-4BA2-4DAE-854C-3A31A3D60BDA.jpeg
 
Anyone know what this could be.
seems to be around and potentially coming out of the mouths.
My parameters are good other than phosphate which is coming down (0.22)
Tank is 2 Months old and other corals except my chalice look fine.
I’m wondering if it’s from phosphate swings or low nitrate which is at 13 ppm
08279D11-D169-46C2-B138-F05E8FE29289.jpeg
1FAFE7B6-4BA2-4DAE-854C-3A31A3D60BDA.jpeg

Honestly your nitrates aren't too low, and some people will say your phosphates are too high but my tank is running at 40 ppm nitrates and .54 ppm phosphates. My tank is about 15 months old and all LPS and the colors are amazing and they all extend very large. I have 110 frags in there. Just keep an eye on it and make sure the lighting is appropriate.
 
How long has it looked like that? Also do you test you all, calcium, and mag?
Literally today.
parameters from 5 days ago
Phosphate 0.22
DK 10.75
Nitrate 3.5ppm
Calcium 530
Mag 1480
Ph 7.9
 
Literally today.
parameters from 5 days ago
Phosphate 0.22
DK 10.75
Nitrate 3.5ppm
Calcium 530
Mag 1480
Ph 7.9

I don't see anything wrong with those numbers. I would just see an eye on it and see if i gets worse. Sometimes the just get ticked off about something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new