Help feeding my lawnmower blenny

Whenwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here.... So I have a new tank roughly 2-3 weeks old and there's been a clown in there from the beginning so I checked the water and everything is reading good. I decided to purchase a lawnmower blenny before I turn my lights on to help prevent any algae and I purchased some algae waffers to supplement for the time beeing but I haven't seen him touched them and he hasn't eaten since I've had him for a few days now And there's obviously no algae for it to eat. Any ideas what to feed him? It was probably a poor decision on my part but I don't want to loose him.

Thanks

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here.... So I have a new tank roughly 2-3 weeks old and there's been a clown in there from the beginning so I checked the water and everything is reading good. I decided to purchase a lawnmower blenny before I turn my lights on to help prevent any algae and I purchased some algae waffers to supplement for the time beeing but I haven't seen him touched them and he hasn't eaten since I've had him for a few days now And there's obviously no algae for it to eat. Any ideas what to feed him? It was probably a poor decision on my part but I don't want to loose him.

Thanks
Yeah you can buy seaweed at your LFS. Like, aquarium purpose seaweed and veggies intended for feeding fish like tangs and blennies. You can just stick a little piece of seaweed into the rockwork or get a special seaweed aquarium clip and attach it somewhere, and your fishy will come and get it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back