Help finding video with DIY recirculating air intake skimmers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone post the link if they have seen the BRSTV video that shows modding your skimmers collection lid/cup so its recirculating the air intake from the collection cup?

Ive seen a video were a hole was drilled into the collection cup lid and a barb with tubing was added and that was fed from the air intake tube that typically would be connected to the silencer. The result was an increase in PH within the aquarium and was actually over efficient to where a "T" was added so that T valve was used to allow air from the room.

I am not looking for the video that shows recirculating the air through the CO2 scrubber, this video eliminated the need for the CO2 scrubber if I recall and I cant find that video anywhere-

@randyBRS maybe??

Hope that makes sense

TIA

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the video you're looking for is this one here. It was more of a live stream and less of a produced video however.

That popped up in my searches but isn’t what I was looking for, it is something I may as well take a look at tho .

What’s worse is that it linked back to R2R with posts of people sharing pics and results and I’m not finding anything here but will spend some time and search deeper. I was running a CO2 scrubber at the time (prior to me tearing my tank down and restarting) and wanted to fine it a try before reintroducing the scrubber to see what results I got

Thanks for posting tho!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how tunze dose it. May work for you as its simple. Not he best pic bit you get the idea.
20191128_175121.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back