Help!!! Firmware update question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help. Trying to update the firmware on my new to me Profilux 4. Getting a cryptic message that says “Please reset the microcontroller on userboard.” What is this wanting me to do? I’m not sure if that is a cryptic message asking for a power cycle or something else. Help please!

@Billldg @Vinny@GHLUSA

9E1FBCAD-929F-404A-BA4C-28C09C016D21.jpeg

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google finally showed me an old forum post where Vinny said to just click ok, so I did and it looks like it was successful.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have to say firmware updates on the profilux is a **** show.
P4 firmware updates seem pretty easy to me. Only issue I have ever had is with the WiFi module update on my Mitras. Everything else has been a breeze for the past 6 years or so.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
many steps, firmware updates and guess what, there is a more recent version available (even though I have the latest control center installed). Need to reboot the device afterwards to reset it. and got the same microcontroller error nonsense which led me to this thread. I enjoy my GHL but from a software perspective it just sucks. Also, its 2024. Maybe they could start doing a MAC version?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
many steps, firmware updates and guess what, there is a more recent version available (even though I have the latest control center installed). Need to reboot the device afterwards to reset it. and got the same microcontroller error nonsense which led me to this thread. I enjoy my GHL but from a software perspective it just sucks. Also, its 2024. Maybe they could start doing a MAC version?
Hello,

Don't expect a MAC version of GHL Control Center - it'll never happen.
On the other hand, you can hope one day to be able to make USB-free updates via GHL Connect

Gaël.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Don't expect a MAC version of GHL Control Center - it'll never happen.
On the other hand, you can hope one day to be able to make USB-free updates via GHL Connect

Gaël.
I will say that I have tried the web based replacement for the light composer and it is pretty hard to use.

If anything I would urge GHL to build at least a native light composer to create and adjust lighting profile files, or a full fledged web version outside of the GHL app.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to say firmware updates on the profilux is a **** show.
Indeed, my P3 failed last time. Lucky for me I'm an IT guy and had no trouble flashing it via the serial port, but I imagine a lot of people would have been SOL.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run P2, P3 and P4 with start around 1999. I have run my own aquarium and a lot of P3/P4 at my old workplaces - at least 15 different GHL computers. Once - 8 years ago and caused by myself - I run into problems with one P3 during a FW update. It was no problem to flash it. It happens but IMO - its very rare.

Sincerely Lasse

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back