Help - flukes or ich?

I am also having issues with what I believe to be ich, but I am new to the hobby and just starting my first saltwater tank, so I am definitely no expert. I’ve lost a clownfish and a six line wrasse so far, and now my other two clownfish have looked pretty sick for about a week. Could someone tell me if it does indeed look like ich?

image.jpg

I agree, that looks like velvet, which is more serious that ich. That could explain why you've already lost a couple fish. How many fish do you have in your tank?
 
Update...

30 days of Copper Power is over! I haven't seen white spots in weeks. Copper Power was kept in the range of between 1.88 and 2.02 during these last 34 days.

Next up... clearing Copper Power out and 2 treatments of Prazipro. Plan is to do a 50-70% water change today. Will be adding carbon filter and poly filter into the HOB filter after. Then doing another water change over the weekend. I will be testing copper levels along the way.

I'm heading out on Tuesday for a 6 day vacation. I'll be dosing first round of Prazipro before I leave and will be dosing second round when I get back. After that, I hope to finally move my one-spot foxface into the DT. WOOOOOOOO!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new