Help for:- bubble tip anemone

rakeshvele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what happen with my bubble tip anemone.. my tank 31.701 gallons.. with nemo light II and QQ 1 External nano skimmer..

image.jpg

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of questions? How old is your tank? How long have you had your BTA? What are your parameters?
I have one that's been in my tank about a year. 8" across but often closes up tight at night.

OP
OP
R

rakeshvele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of questions? How old is your tank? How long have you had your BTA? What are your parameters?
I have one that's been in my tank about a year. 8" across but often closes up tight at night.
Tank is one year old..BRA is 3 monts old..

OP
OP
R

rakeshvele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your concerns? It just looks like it closed up. Looks healthy otherwise, from the photo.
2 months back its having proper bubbles.. now there is not much bubbles on it..so what to do for that..

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 33

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months back its having proper bubbles.. now there is not much bubbles on it..so what to do for that..
Sometimes they lose bubbles but are still healthy. I wouldn’t worry too much if that’s all it is.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks .. can bubbles will come..
How do you feed it?
I only feed my bubble tips with drift food that I add for the fish to eat, no direct feeding!

The anemones seem to do much better over time with tiny bits of fish food for meals, along with good light to keep them healthy. Yours looks like it is hiding under a shelf, so presumably the light is bright enough, and the proper spectrum (daylight) for it to thrive.

The tips, well those bubble arms are a mystery and not a reliable measurement of health or happiness for an anemone, but the tips have been reported as a source of sadness and woe for many reef keepers who think those "bubble tips" look great on the wavy arms of their anemones.;)

Mine ("Bubble tips") come and go for no apparent reason. I have 8 splits from 1 bubble tip and the "bubble" tips and color expression in each clone is different amongst them all? They are in the same fish tank, and sucked down so hard on their rocks I can't remove them safely. :cool:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back