Help Hanna checker vs Salifert

BlueWavesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers

I'm having trouble with testing alkalinity, I have hanna checker and salifert test kits ,both test kits giving different readings ,
Hanna checker test alk at 7.5 and Salifert test at 8.5 ,no idea which one should o follow as I want stability in my tank and I'm have trouble with that

Thanks

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as both show consistency you’ll get stability.

I tend to believe Saliferts results over others (both Hanna and auto testers), that being said - it could still be a bad test kit, it does happen.

Same for the Hanna, their Alk reagents tend to “spoil” over time and shift the results.

I suggest trying the following to determine which one is closer to reality - make a fresh saltwater mix, the expected parameter values should be printed on the bucket and can be compared to the test results.

OP
OP
BlueWavesReef

BlueWavesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as both show consistency you’ll get stability.

I tend to believe Saliferts results over others (both Hanna and auto testers), that being said - it could still be a bad test kit, it does happen.

Same for the Hanna, their Alk reagents tend to “spoil” over time and shift the results.

I suggest trying the following to determine which one is closer to reality - make a fresh saltwater mix, the expected parameter values should be printed on the bucket and can be compared to the test results.
Thanks
Was thinking about doing ICP test and work my way from there ,and see which results closer .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back