OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohh gotcha. Does the new tank have livestock? If it does not, using the new rock and a course of salifert flatworm exit would be wise and would likely take care of any that made it thru.
Let the old infested rock dry for a week or two and it should be safe to use again, or you could also treat it with FW exit.
I have two fish and inverts in the new tank.
If I do start seeing them again what are my other options? With the nudibranch you mentioned why do they have to be removed once they eat the worms ?

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I forgot I’m setting up a quarantine tank so I could move the fish while I treat the new tank, will the flat worm exit hurt the inverts in the tank ?

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I forgot I’m setting up a quarantine tank so I could move the fish while I treat the new tank, will the flat worm exit hurt the inverts in the tank ?
Thinking back I’ve had those worms for years and when I’d ask my lfs about them and show pictures they’d say it was just algae or they couldn’t tell by the pictures.
Glad I upgraded and tossed the sand

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohh gotcha. Does the new tank have livestock? If it does not, using the new rock and a course of salifert flatworm exit would be wise and would likely take care of any that made it thru.
Let the old infested rock dry for a week or two and it should be safe to use again, or you could also treat it with FW exit.
Where do they come from ?

thresher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some years ago I had the same infestation with the identical planaria. I first began to suction them out with airline tubing. This did take a few weeks as they were quite abundant. After I had removed most if not all the visible worms, I added a Melanarus Wrasse. The wrasses either kept the worms in-check or eliminated them altogether as I no longer saw them for the next year until the tank was torn down. I've heard yellow coris wrasse may also eat them.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back