help I need new circulation pumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter thakid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thakid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2014
Messages
178
Reaction score
38
Location
El Paso Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have RW4 and RW8 in my 250L tank and I cant praise them enough! linkable, very reliable, easy to clean, easy to control. They even have a night mode so that when the room is dark they reduce to just 10% power.
 
I have two of the Jebao WP-25s in my 5 foot 100G reef. The newer versions are the RW or PP series with more adjustability.
Previous to the Jebaos I have the Evolutions which replaced Koralias which replaced Sicce Voyagers which replaced Seios which replaced modded MaxiJets and so on. Having owned all of them the Jebao/Jecods are an excellent value in my opinion.
 
I have two of the Jebao WP-25s in my 5 foot 100G reef. The newer versions are the RW or PP series with more adjustability.
Previous to the Jebaos I have the Evolutions which replaced Koralias which replaced Sicce Voyagers which replaced Seios which replaced modded MaxiJets and so on. Having owned all of them the Jebao/Jecods are an excellent value in my opinion.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/radion-xr30w-rms-mount-and-other-goodies.247980/

I have a nice circulation kit for sale, if your interested. (pp series is the 2016 model)
I am intrested but only want pumps i dont need all that other stuff
 
I do see alot of people liking jebaos so im going with them 5hank you all for your help
 
The aqualink makes the pump Wireless and allows you to set schedules for the Pumps. Shoot me a pm and we can work it out.
 
Last edited:
I had 2 Jebao RW4's on my 50 cube and always liked them until I bit the bullet and got 1 - MP40qWD. The difference in the flow is shocking, The difference in price is also just as
shocking, but the amount of water they move is worth it to me. I fought the urge to buy the Ecotech for 2 years, but I am glad I did.
 
I test drove an MP40 for about a month. It wasnt new when I added it to my tank BUT it was in good condition. Had issues right out of the gate; user interface was found to be seriously lacking if you're not using in conjuction with an APEX, and zero intuitive design in the controller itself. I had to search for a pdf from eco tech just to turn on wave function. Beyond that the wet side failed me in a month. I'm a firm believer in the rw series pumps. They're priced right and function right out of the box with no need for an $800 tank controller.
 
I too thought about getting a used one, but the more I read it just didn't seem worth it to save less than $100 on someone else's pump and issues. The new quiet drives are said to be much better than the old models.
I don't have an apex and it works fine for me. Once I found the right mode for me, its pretty much left alone. Goes into night mode automatically. Cleaning is far easier than the Jabeos that's for sure.
But believe me I get the sticker price is a shocker, that's why it took me almost 2 years to buy one !!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new