Help ID’ing wrasse

dreamofpuffers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Wilmington
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1513.jpeg


We have had this wrasse for a few years now and have forgotten what kind it is. Can anyone help us identify this one?
 
IMG_1513.jpeg


We have had this wrasse for a few years now and have forgotten what kind it is. Can anyone help us identify this one?
The photo isn’t too easy to work with however I’m sure someone will get it! I’ll give it a go when I’m near to the wrasse books I have at my LFS.
It reminds me of a species I’ve seen but cannot work out which one, think it’s a Halichoeres, but not quite.

@Slocke any ideas?
 
Looks like a white belly wrasse, useful as they eat nuisance red Planaria flatworms, fireworms, and pyramidellid snails.
 
Closest I've got right now is Halichoeres scapularis, the zigzag wrasse. Though could it be a Coris? Coris caudimacula or dorsomacula?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new