Help ID Flatworms??? (Video)

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right there not killers they just look bad when your corals are covered with them.

Nope , this is not a photosynthetic FW like red planarians, these will not be a problem, mostly will only be seen in the sump or on the tank glass during the night time.
They are only predatory on copepods. Completely harmless, they generally dont occur in plague populations like the others.

OP needs to take zero action against these.

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, I have these guys too and I've only seen them crawl on white parts of rocks, and the lower part of my glass on my DT. Dosed FWE 2x's and I still see em. Thinking maybe I should leave it alone now, that they arent a issue.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the info, I have these guys too and I've only seen them crawl on white parts of rocks, and the lower part of my glass on my DT. Dosed FWE 2x's and I still see em. Thinking maybe I should leave it alone now, that they arent a issue.
thet will grow in number and cause problems. I would not take it lightly. There will also be eggs the longer you wait which will be a future population.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back