help ID: microfauna or pest?

you could siphon through fine fishnet :)
 
Their population will basically follow the availability of food in the tank. You could provide them places to hide to safely reproduce but if there are no predators (certain fish etc..) in the tank then they should do fine either way. Some people breed them for specific fish which is pretty easy.. but if you don’t have a mouth to put them in specifically then I would let them just do their thing :D
As far as moving them to your main tank you can suck out the tank water and siphon them out. Unsure what you would use as a filter material but I know people do it here haha
Ooh exciting times! I always wanted a dragonet in my tank. Looks like it's a possibility now. Any idea what can feed them? I have spirulina flakes. Can buy seachem's zooplankton if that will help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new