Help ID strange white substance on live rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sid996
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sid996

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Nottingham
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have any idea what this strange white stuff is on my rock ? and should I be worried

cheers

IMG_20260413_180637014.jpg IMG_20260413_180633584.jpg IMG_20260413_180620272.jpg
 
Likely sponges or tunicates (I'm thinking tunicates). They're filter feeders and usually not a concern unless they're encroaching on corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new