Help ID this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ernie C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ernie C

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
674
Reaction score
550
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to document all the corals in my tank. Thanks
49fbad6d8ba898454e30b9c4925511ea.jpg
52865a571df20eec0825623fd7bbbf8a.jpg
 
I guess I don’t need to know the exact name but just the type. :-)
 
Well its defiantly an acropora but I can't tell what kind. The growth is kind of wierd and the color is pale so it doesn't remind me of anything, do you have a pic of it when you first got it?
 
Well its defiantly an acropora but I can't tell what kind. The growth is kind of wierd and the color is pale so it doesn't remind me of anything, do you have a pic of it when you first got it?

It’s broken a few times and moved around in different positions which might explain the weird growth, I’m surprised it’s still alive. I have three pieces now which all can from I believe this one frag I got a few years ago.
4aa474330969e5832b492002282fe29e.jpg
 
I got lots of SPS that I have no clue what they are. I just know that they’re beautiful and I love them. Some came from WWC and some from Jason Fox and some from local reefers and LFSs in my area. Some had names but I forget what they are. I have a purple Barney coral from JF (my avatar) that is now a beautiful blue/green with purple tips. No longer resembles what it started as. And that’s ok. My problem is, that I keep buying more and I have no room. Even my frag rack is full. I have an addiction. :cool:
 
Well i think knowing its an acro is good enough, it does have blue tips under certain lighting and its a tough cookie So just glad its made it this far and keeps going strong. Thank you for input. =)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new