Help ID this white root like thing in my sump

ChicagoGeorge

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking in my sump and noticed these white root like things attached to the glass, rock, and other areas of my sump. It looked like crystalized salt at first, but when I pulled one out, it was soft and spongy. Please help identify.

IMG_0903.JPG
 
just regular ol sponges :)
I have a problem with the branchy ones growing on one of my bam bam frags....when they close up I know its time to go plucking lol
I have a sponge thats a flat one like one of your pics in my sump thats like 3x5" :) Im pretty proud of that little guy lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new