Help ID what is wrong with my tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter bhbbhb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'll bet you my dog that that is not ick. It looks like a rash of some sort. kanaplex and the other meds humble listed should help, but you need to put him in QT for it to work well
 
This does not look like ich.
Listen had this as I said.. For a reef tank get Melafix.Fowlr get Pimafix. I used the Melafix and it got rid of the Mucous within a week. You will notice a new improvement within 24 hours. Used exactly as directed. Turn off skimmer. Maybe run it for an hour or 2 so day. And cut Down the feeding for the time you are treating. The water will have a minty medicine smell, but no worries. Good luck.
 
I don't agree with the ich (Cryptocaryon irritans) diagnosis or any of the above suggestions on how to treat ich. Ich trophonts typically will not clump together in one spot like that, they spread out across the body & fins. A bacterial infection or even Brooklynella is more likely. If this were my fish, I would treat in a QT with this combination of meds: Furan-2, Seachem Kanaplex, Seachem Metroplex.
X3 on not ich
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new