Help identifing coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jvesche20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
1,640
Location
Pompano Beach, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really not sure if this is sps or not. My thought is that it’s some type of Monti but really not sure. Got it as a random frag from an online dealer when I first started reefing. Haven’t noticed any growth since I purchased so I wanna look up the coral placement and lighting needs. Couldn’t find anything online that’s similar any ideas?

208E924B-67C8-4258-AC17-27B630489DFD.jpeg
 
Try and feed that sucker too if you can. They’ll eat mysis, should help with its general health. It should extend feeding tentacles at night.
 
Try and feed that sucker too if you can. They’ll eat mysis, should help with its general health. It should extend feeding tentacles at night.
I feed my corals reef roids including this one. It doesn’t seem to react. I used to feed them mysis shrimp but I like the results of reef roids better. It’s easier to feed my zoas. I’ve looked at my corals many time at night and a lot of them have feeding tentacles but I’ve never seen this one do anything before
 
I feed my corals reef roids including this one. It doesn’t seem to react. I used to feed them mysis shrimp but I like the results of reef roids better. It’s easier to feed my zoas. I’ve looked at my corals many time at night and a lot of them have feeding tentacles but I’ve never seen this one do anything before
My chalice loves lps pellets. I just plop one pellet per mouth once a week or so.
 
I feed my corals reef roids including this one. It doesn’t seem to react. I used to feed them mysis shrimp but I like the results of reef roids better. It’s easier to feed my zoas. I’ve looked at my corals many time at night and a lot of them have feeding tentacles but I’ve never seen this one do anything before
Since the frag is new I would not worry about feeding it. It will take time for the coral to acclimate and eventually showing a feeding response. Reef roids broadcast in the tank is plenty, some mycedium we had would literally take chunks of LRS reef frenzy.
 
Since the frag is new I would not worry about feeding it. It will take time for the coral to acclimate and eventually showing a feeding response. Reef roids broadcast in the tank is plenty, some mycedium we had would literally take chunks of LRS reef frenzy.
I’ve had the frag for over 6 months just never knew what it was
 
Gotcha. If you see a feeding response by all means feed it but reef roids does a lot as is.
I like to target feed my corals reef roids. I just fed them I watched this Coral and it opened its mouth on all the heads. Was really surprised because I’ve never seen this before :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new