Help identify this creature

  • Thread starter Thread starter DocSmiley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DocSmiley

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210811_111613.jpg
20210811_111550.jpg
 
Looks like some type of sea cucumber but it has thick armor-like scales. Found it in my tank with a flash light and I've definitely never seen it during the day. Im just wondering if it will mess with coral or not. I have had some mystery chunks taken out of my mushrooms. I just figured it was my lawnmower blenny taking a curious bite. Ive dealt with a lot of cucumbers but this thing seems much more ancient.
 
I think I may have figured it out. A feather duster?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new