Help identifying algal issue with SPS

Skiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've had a handful of millie frags acclimating in my tank for the past ~6 weeks and they were entirely healthy and furry until about a week ago when I noticed a slight decline in coloration and extension. Seeing some growth ends beginning to cover in what looks like a dino? I can't tell and want to curtail the issue before it gains traction. Any able to identify/troubleshoot the issue here? Nitrates sit around 7.3ppm, Phosphate a little high but always has been (no skimmer on a 25G Waterbox), Ca at 450, Salinity 35.5 ppt, Temp sits about 24.6C. Dose 5mL of Algae Barn OceanMagik daily and feed Reef Chili 2/3 week at night.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!
IMG_9167.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely consistently sits at 8.3. Is it possible it burnt during a water change...? Seems unlikely.
Doubtful… it could be flow or a fish nipped etc.. hard to really say.. you can just nip that tip off and let the coral rebuild! It works well for stubborn corals that don’t like to grow lol..

OP
OP
Skiba

Skiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubtful… it could be flow or a fish nipped etc.. hard to really say.. you can just nip that tip off and let the coral rebuild! It works well for stubborn corals that don’t like to grow lol..
Possibly flow's too aggressive, you think?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back