Help identifying pistol shrimp

Reef_Smoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, relatively new to saltwater keeping and acquired a ywm along with a pistol shrimp. These two did not pair up but also don't seem to bother each other. At least at this time. Can anyone id this shrimp and if there is a cause for concern keeping with the ywm? I know not the best pics but my camera lens is busted. Thanks for any advice.

IMG_6924.jpeg IMG_6934.jpeg

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its your common green pistol.

They don't pair with gobies.

There's actually not a lot of pistols that do, randals, and tigers are the only ones that actively pair and are readily available. There's some goby shrimp that occasionally pop up but none you can outright buy in stock.

The others we know do not pair, or there's no evidence of them pairing at all, such as a lot of Caribbean species that come in and are sold. Its more likely they pair with something else, like anemones, sponges, or other pistols.

OP
OP
R

Reef_Smoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its your common green pistol.

They don't pair with gobies.

There's actually not a lot of pistols that do, randals, and tigers are the only ones that actively pair and are readily available. There's some goby shrimp that occasionally pop up but none you can outright buy in stock.

The others we know do not pair, or there's no evidence of them pairing at all, such as a lot of Caribbean species that come in and are sold. Its more likely they pair with something else, like anemones, sponges, or other pistols.
Thanks, I kind of figured as I been researching. Either way it will stay or even possibly move to my bigger system. Thanks for verifying what I expected it to be.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back