Help If You Can!

PTVinnyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll try to explain this as best I can. I have a 32 G Biocube. Until Wednesday, everything had been going incredibly well (see picture # 1)

10 anenomes (I was going to trade some in a few weeks) a large frogspaen, blue hammer tip. Some Rastas, Gof of wars and blue eyed blondes. 2 clownfish, 1 yellow watchman goby paired with a pistol Shrimp, a mandarin goby (tank bred) and crimson shrimp along with a large cuc gang of hermits, nessarius and Astra snails.

I had backed off water changes and dropped down to feeding 3 times a week as well as dosing iodide once a week. I must stress, the growth in my tank has been amazing and the fish all looked healthy and happy.

Wednesday I heard a weird sound from my pump (stock bicube pump, I never changed it as the tank has been doing really well) I had to pull it, the wires had worn and became loose (not sure if electrical current got in the tank, it was slightly exposed) I took it out with plans to replace (I had to travel for work that day) when I got home figuring the Wavemakers would keep things going until the evening.

I got back and when I put in the new pump (I stupidly did not think to clean the area beneath it for detrius) well, I put the pump in and started it and all that garbage came in the main tank.

20231209_104935.jpg

Picture 2 is where I'm at now. Bundle of issues with the flow and getting the right pump to work for me (now have a sicce 1.0)

All my anenomes died and i didnt know if they were all dead for sure so they were in the tank about 18 hours poisoning it. My crimson shrimp died, nearly 80 percent of my cleanup crew died (Not sure when, so he was in there at least a full day). You can see how the zoas, frogspawn and hammer tips look currently.

Ammonia is at 2+ (Tested before I dosed aquavitro alpha) and nitrates are 10-20)

1702260279014818931337188387199.jpg

My mandarin goby looks like he's struggling a bit. (A bit of labored breathing - didn't eat when I fed today)

The other fish all seem fine. Can anyone help with suggestions, things I can do for this not to end in total death? Do the corals look like they can make it back?

I feel terrible.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

20231130_160617.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I'll try to explain this as best I can. I have a 32 G Biocube. Until Wednesday, everything had been going incredibly well (see picture # 1)

10 anenomes (I was going to trade some in a few weeks) a large frogspaen, blue hammer tip. Some Rastas, Gof of wars and blue eyed blondes. 2 clownfish, 1 yellow watchman goby paired with a pistol Shrimp, a mandarin goby (tank bred) and crimson shrimp along with a large cuc gang of hermits, nessarius and Astra snails.

I had backed off water changes and dropped down to feeding 3 times a week as well as dosing iodide once a week. I must stress, the growth in my tank has been amazing and the fish all looked healthy and happy.

Wednesday I heard a weird sound from my pump (stock bicube pump, I never changed it as the tank has been doing really well) I had to pull it, the wires had worn and became loose (not sure if electrical current got in the tank, it was slightly exposed) I took it out with plans to replace (I had to travel for work that day) when I got home figuring the Wavemakers would keep things going until the evening.

I got back and when I put in the new pump (I stupidly did not think to clean the area beneath it for detrius) well, I put the pump in and started it and all that garbage came in the main tank.

20231209_104935.jpg

Picture 2 is where I'm at now. Bundle of issues with the flow and getting the right pump to work for me (now have a sicce 1.0)

All my anenomes died and i didnt know if they were all dead for sure so they were in the tank about 18 hours poisoning it. My crimson shrimp died, nearly 80 percent of my cleanup crew died (Not sure when, so he was in there at least a full day). You can see how the zoas, frogspawn and hammer tips look currently.

Ammonia is at 2+ (Tested before I dosed aquavitro alpha) and nitrates are 10-20)

1702260279014818931337188387199.jpg

My mandarin goby looks like he's struggling a bit. (A bit of labored breathing - didn't eat when I fed today)

The other fish all seem fine. Can anyone help with suggestions, things I can do for this not to end in total death? Do the corals look like they can make it back?

I feel terrible.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

20231130_160617.jpg
You likely have a bloom and suspended matter which will settle and clear. Siphoning this up would have benefited you before starting up pump.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back