Help indentifying this creature!

StaticKlingman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning as my lights started coming on in my Biocube, i noticed some bits and pieces floating around the tank. My first thought was that my cleaner shrimp must have molted and his shell got caught in the wave pump.

After inspecting, i saw this creature stuck to the wave pump but have no idea what it is or where it came from. All my fish, shrimp and snails are accounted for and no empty shell near the wave pump so i have no idea what it is.

I thought maybe my conch since it seems to have eyes, but i can see the eyes peeking out of my conch's shell.

Any thoughts?

20230111_091527.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This morning as my lights started coming on in my Biocube, i noticed some bits and pieces floating around the tank. My first thought was that my cleaner shrimp must have molted and his shell got caught in the wave pump.

After inspecting, i saw this creature stuck to the wave pump but have no idea what it is or where it came from. All my fish, shrimp and snails are accounted for and no empty shell near the wave pump so i have no idea what it is.

I thought maybe my conch since it seems to have eyes, but i can see the eyes peeking out of my conch's shell.

Any thoughts?

20230111_091527.jpg
It’s a nudibranch and not one we go out and purchase
Turn off pump, remove and discard it

OP
OP
StaticKlingman

StaticKlingman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a nudibranch and not one we go out and purchase
Turn off pump, remove and discard it
Done! No idea how he got in the tank and never saw it before. I quarantine all my corals for 45-60 days so its strange that he's been hiding under the radar all this time!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Done! No idea how he got in the tank and never saw it before. I quarantine all my corals for 45-60 days so its strange that he's been hiding under the radar all this time!
Theyre good hitchhikers and in time they emerge

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back