Help!!Install ION DIRECTOR

  • Thread starter Thread starter luxon1985
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

luxon1985

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Location
Manresa
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an ION Director. Now, after a month, it's giving me an error. I noticed that the vent tube had water in it. The manual says it should go inside the sump, but I read elsewhere that it should go into the wastewater container, but without touching the water. Where should it actually go? thank's
 
According to AI it can go to the sump but not submerged. It is supposed to prevent back pressure . Perhaps you have a blockage ? as to waste water the waste water container must be vented. I have no idea what a waste water container is
 
Another possibility is that it is siphoning water back into the tube on shutdown ? I was wrong about the sump says can be in the water but not deep. With that said I personally would not put a vent under water. Would not mind knowing the result
 
I've now opened a support ticket because I've had the Ion Director for a month and it's been giving me a sensor error when measuring calcium... Let's see what they say
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new