Help! Is this a crack or a scratch?

rosensreef8

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just noticed this straight line running perpendicular with the seam about 3/4 in away. It is only on the inside. When I run my nail across it it slightly catches. I don’t know anything about glass. Does this look like a crack or scratch?

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_4915.jpeg
IMG_4914.png
 
Cracks spread really quick. Theres no stopping it. And its pretty straight. So, like a scrubber had a sand grain on it and scruffed the glass
 
Is there anyway to be certain? About 9 years ago I had a tank explode and I still have PTSD from that lol. It was so bad I had to move.
Ya I marked the ends of the line to make sure they don’t spread. I think it’s just a scratch too, but literally the first thing on google said if it’s a straight line it’s likely a crack and if it’s unusual it’s likely a scratch. Honestly didn’t make sense to me, but immediately put me into panic mode. Also, some people I sent the photo to think it’s a crack and some think it’s a scratch, so I’m quite nervous lol. Thanks for your response I appreciate it.
 
There seems to be several scratches or streaks in that area.
A crack would be wider and deeper into the glass. That looks to be surface, as cracks run right through both side.
You'd feel it on the other side as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new