Used tank help

SkippyDoge421

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’m new to the hobby and just bought 60 gallon cube tank. When I was looking at it I didn’t see any problems with the silicone or notice any major damage to the glass but it was dirty, when I got it home and cleaned it I noticed a tiny bullseye crack on the side panel that’s about half way up from what I’ve read it wouldn’t be worth I to try and use it because it could rupture. My question is would it be better to drill a bigger hole and put a plug in it or would it lose more stability
Thanks
 
Welcome to R2R.

Unfortunately I don't think drilling and plugging the area would be a fix.

Please post an image of the crack so we can see exactly what's happening.

🪸
 
Post an image.

Never try to fix an aquarium unless glass is your profession.

Sorry you have to experience buying pre-owned tanks this way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new