Salinity help on new tank (just cycled)

36chambers_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jbj 65 aio just finished cycling, when I set it up I bought the salt water from the LFS and didn't catch that they sold me water that was 1.022 I caught it days after and since it was in the cycling process didn't really care, now that it's ready I'm having trouble getting up to 1.025/1.026. Any tips to get it back up? I've been topping it off with 1.026 but it only went up a bit (1.0222-1.023) the tank does not have any livestock just sand and rock. Any tips would be highly appreciated.
 
Pull out a couple of gallons, mix salt in bucket of tank water ,pour back in tank ,then check few mins later
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new