Help - is this an anemone or some other creature?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elle7519
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Elle7519

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! New to the reefing community and need help identifying what hitched a ride on some Chaeto? Body is the size of a pea, all blown out it’s the size of a dime.
20260104_120501_B91B1D87-8AFA-492A-B10A-1B8E157C1CE7.png

20260104_120501_A4A8E55E-7BE4-4F23-AEBA-FF217F6FE153.png

20260104_120501_C11ABB78-2A76-4D29-AC7F-3DF1250E6D3C.png

20260104_120501_F4999439-FD50-4F69-ACD4-13F17BA3E0BD.png
 
Thank you! Being new I have never seen it aside from pics. Good thing I quarantined this stuff!
To be honest, it’s the first time I see it attached to chaeto haha. Easier to get rid of this way haha
 
Thank you! Being new I have never seen it aside from pics. Good thing I quarantined this stuff!
To be honest, it’s the first time I see it attached to chaeto haha. Easier to get rid of this way haha
He was easy to pluck out😁 Should I continue my quarantine for at least a month?
 
^

Could have smaller ones you can’t see yet
 
You all helped me make the decision to toss it. I don’t want to risk it. Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new