Help mass die off overnight

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The title suggests I woke up and walked over to my tank this morning and I’ve probably lost $600 worth of fish I’m kind of upset but I wanna save the last couple that are alive so if anybody can help that would be greatly appreciated

91F985D7-20C5-4CEC-A0E6-4D0612D9DE89.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3206.MOV
    43.6 MB
OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just dumped the remainder of my carbon in the tank just in case going to fish store right now to get more things just wondering if anyone knows of something that kills alge eaters overnight

OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
only thing i added to tank was a copapod hotell that i took from my old tank they i broke down but i diped in r0 water before puting it in tank i have removed it and threw it away just incase

OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
more info would be helpful....
Primeters ?
History of aquarium
How long fish been in your tank
Did you add anything lately ?
13 dkh 8.1 ph 35ppm 410 cal 1334 mag nitrate 28 phosphate .12 temp 79 and tank has been up for around 5 weeks now in its current spot 4 years in its old spot tank went through 2 mini cycles before adding the fish back in this litraly happened overnight and killed all fox face i had the poweder tang and purple tang yellow tang and scopas are breathing heavy i just gave them all a big healping of food the yellow tang ate 2 peices def unlike him but yeh im kinda freaking out rn seems theres a white spot under there bellies thats more phale so i think it was somthing they ate or in the water

OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
one thing i did is i moved a bit of sand around caus a wavemaker fell and pushed it all out of the way i pushed it all back but thats nothing to crazy unless there was some killer bactiria waiting

OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How does the water look? Any cloudiness? Perhaps a bacterial bloom that starved the fish if oxygen. I’d add an airstone as a precaution.
theres a masive quantun nyos skimmer and no blooms and itr seems species specific as the blue tangs are happy as a clam

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The title suggests I woke up and walked over to my tank this morning and I’ve probably lost $600 worth of fish I’m kind of upset but I wanna save the last couple that are alive so if anybody can help that would be greatly appreciated

91F985D7-20C5-4CEC-A0E6-4D0612D9DE89.jpeg
My gosh, what a huge loss !!
Prior to discovery, any unusual behavior such as twitching, yawning, heavy breathing, loss of appetite ? How about loss of color, dots, hazy look to their bodies ?
What is current ammonia and Nitrate and what test kits are you using?

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Alkalinity is to high. Did it swing up abruptly for some reason. Possibly causing participation, inessence chocking them to death. The gills of some fish are much more susceptible to that than others.

OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your Alkalinity is to high. Did it swing up abruptly for some reason. Possibly causing participation, inessence chocking them to death. The gills of some fish are much more susceptible to that than others.
Alk has been between 11-13 for weeks gota get my ph up to drop it down because I’m using All for reeef this all happened overnight yesterday everything was fine I think it was rather the something in the sand or an ammonia spike but it’s around 350 gallons of water so yeh geting a bunch of stuff I’ll update when I get back no sense fretting I’m on a mission to save the rest now

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back