OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I specifically ordered a bristletooth from my LFS. I needed algae control.
Curious. Here's a binotatus(Fishes of Australia), note the blue eye ring and spots on the base of the tail(technically the back of the dorsal and anal fins).
1694048862019.png

Here's a smaller striatus(Fishes of Australia), note the different eyes and the lack of any spotting on the tail.
1694048704768.png

big striatus:
1694049136852.png

Depending on the size of your tank it may not matter, they both function the exact same when at similar sizes.

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, but angels are extremely difficult to keep alive. I have lost 2 in my 180G in the last few years. Specialized diet and other factors make them beautiful, but ultimately undesirable.
Not necessarily all of them, reef beauties as far as I know are not extremely difficult, but I just find angels ugly for various reasons.

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah gotcha, they can be finicky for sure. Thought about an anthias school?
too much feeding. I can't be bothered to spray shrimp in a tank 4 times a day even if I had the time.
Also anthias look rather mid... they have that goldfish shape and palette that I don't really like. Same goes with fairy wrasses, some tangs and angels really.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious. Here's a binotatus(Fishes of Australia), note the blue eye ring and spots on the base of the tail(technically the back of the dorsal and anal fins).
1694048862019.png

Here's a smaller striatus(Fishes of Australia), note the different eyes and the lack of any spotting on the tail.
1694048704768.png

big striatus:
1694049136852.png

Depending on the size of your tank it may not matter, they both function the exact same when at similar sizes.

Let me see if I can get a decent pic of mine..

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me see if I can get a decent pic of mine..
In any case, blue zoo ain't got striatus in stock, but the binotatus is expensive as hell. I might end up not getting a tang from them. I do want to pick up something a little bigger though...

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any fish that will eat large food servings and make a lot of waste, but doesn't need to be fed often, in addition to being compatible with clownfish and other fish of similar size? If I have to keep sps I realize I might need to get a reef fertilizer. Eels can serve reasonably, but what other options are there?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back