Help me build...

chrislynn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 32 and have completely fallen in love. Would like to go bigger and the space I’m looking at can easily support a 48”-51” tank. I’m used to plug and play, all in one....so not sure what all to look at. The Red Sea Max S series is beautiful and I could do the price, but just curious: if you could build a reef tank to fit in that size space, what would you build?

Give me the details, elements needed, and reasons why and we’ll build it “together” in a build thread once I decide on the setup!

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do
I have a Biocube 32 and have completely fallen in love. Would like to go bigger and the space I’m looking at can easily support a 48”-51” tank. I’m used to plug and play, all in one....so not sure what all to look at. The Red Sea Max S series is beautiful and I could do the price, but just curious: if you could build a reef tank to fit in that size space, what would you build?

Give me the details, elements needed, and reasons why and we’ll build it “together” in a build thread once I decide on the set

Give me the details, elements needed, and reasons why and we’ll build it “together” in a build thread once I decide on the setup!
Hi there. Does it have to be an AIO or would you consider a sump?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do at least a 120 with sump.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a sump will increase your tanks water volume, which will help make the tank more stable than an AIO. My favorite manufacturers are CADE, MODE, and Waterbox. Google them and you will find different models that will fit your space. The type you are searching for are under the “Reef” category.

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look awesome! I have a message in to them.
Good for you, out of all the tank makers they seem to give the most bang for your buck. Only cheaper way is to find someones used tank. Like I got a 75 gallon with a 20 gallon sump stand and canopy for 150 dollars. Also for sumps there are kits to turn 20 gallon, 29 gallon and 40 gallon tanks into a sump. Those kits and the tank run a fraction of what the Sumps would cost normally.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCA tank and cabinet... Buy everything else to your specifications.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with custom tanks and stands, but for more of a ready-made package, I probably would have gone with SCA, as others have said. I think Innovative Marine would have a nice AIO in a size you are looking for (go directly to their website to check them out), but I have to agree that if you can make the leap to something in the 100-120 gallon range with a sump, you’ll enjoy the experience.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a roller mat sump. You could fit the Trigger Systems platinum 39 in that space. Plenty of room for equipment and refugium.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back