Help me choose my next lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter lyscer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lyscer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
339
Reaction score
129
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to have an SPS dominant tank and will be having a floating canopy eventually. This is going over a 68Gallon Cadlights aquarium (35.5" long x 19.5" deep x 21.5" Tall).

I have really been considering the ATI Sunpower 8x39W dimmable fixture but would love a T5/LED fixture (I just don't love the price). I can handle a price tag of $700 or less.

I like how "bright" the T5s or MH's make the tank look which is why I am wanting a combo rather than just LEDs. The LED lit tanks seem dim. I am really wanting my colors on the corals to pop and I am wanting good growth on corals. To give you an idea I use to run 2-250w MH DE Pheonix 14ks with 2 Actinic T5 bulbs and liked the look.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
 
Do you think that the 24" 8bulb ATI fixture would work over my dimensions and be able to provide me with the lighting power I need?
 
Anyone think that I will have problems growing SPS if I do a 24" - 8 bulb fixture? I am seriously considering swapping out the 2 middle bulbs with my current LED fixtures. That way I get the best of both worlds.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new