Help me decide between these two camera's (low budget)

Which one is the better camera for the price?

  • Go with the Panasonic, much better value and better pictures

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

Chaetomorpha

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
3
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would not go with either. I went with a little pricier point and shoot camera and it takes awesome pics. It was 30 bucks more than the panasonic. I got the canon powershot sx40 hs. You can get it for 384 with a bunch of goodies and free shipping right now.
 
Honestly, I would not go with either. I went with a little pricier point and shoot camera and it takes awesome pics. It was 30 bucks more than the panasonic. I got the canon powershot sx40 hs. You can get it for 384 with a bunch of goodies and free shipping right now.
Thanks took a look at it, only thing that I notice is that its not waterproof, is that really a big necessity for taking aquarium pics? would it be fine just getting a better camera and taking it from the outside through the glass?
 
Thanks took a look at it, only thing that I notice is that its not waterproof, is that really a big necessity for taking aquarium pics? would it be fine just getting a better camera and taking it from the outside through the glass?

I have noticed that waterproof cameras really don't take that great of a pic.

Here is a pic with my new camera and keep in mind I'm still learning:

th_042.jpg
th_088.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new