Help me decide.. yellow or purple tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bthomas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Which tang should I get?

  • Yellow

    Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Purple

    Votes: 63 76.8%

  • Total voters
    82
I have a yellow. In the stores, the yellows look gaunt to me. But mine filled out nicely with decent feeding. He is a nice fish. I also have a Kole tang which goes well with the yellow. They spar briefly at times but they don't seem to damage each other. Oddly enough, my male bengai cardinal will pretend to have a tang when dealing with the kole or yellow tang. The weird thing is that they both believe him and back off!
 
Purple tangs have been way more passive in my experience vs. Yellow tangs. Some YT I've had/seen have been very aggressive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new