Help me find a mate for my lonely clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kirschy17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kirschy17

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
474
Reaction score
237
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have had my clown for almost 8 years. It was sold as a platinum percula clown but i could never confirm that.

I am finally looking to find a mate for it - it is however hard for me to find percula clowns in my area. Id also like getting a picasso or different breed.

I know best bet is to get a very small juvenile to pair with my adult female.

should i look for a platinum percula. Is hybridization with ocellaris likely or a good idea. Im helpfull for anyone with experience. How can i maximize my odds?
 
Depending on its history, there's a chance yours is still a male.
 
how do you know your clown is lonely 😁 ..my guess is its not
ist pairing part of their life? Do you disencourage getting a mate for it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new