Help me find frag plugs

Lazys Coral House

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
923
Reaction score
590
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where these frag plugs can be purchased? These are a bit old school style but I like the weight to keep large top heavy frags from moving around in the frag rack
Thanks


IMG_2306 (1).JPG
 
I personally don't think that those are best when it comes to mounting acros. If you're using something like frag racks or a crate I would go with something like Ocean wonders since it has a flat surface under the base and will stay on the rack better from my experience.
 
I know I have a few of these lying around but I can't remember where they came from.What's nice about this design is the post is tapered so it can be wedged nicely into rock work.Also the post is longer so in my experience they stay put on the rack well despite clumsy snails.Additionally the mounting surface is elevated,so if you have a few of these amongst other plugs on a crowded rack you will get a little more space between corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new