Help me find this part. <Skimmer impeller>

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is old but still works well so I'm trying to hold onto it, but the magnet in the impeller wheel is swollen. Vertex skimmer IN-80/IN-100 420lph 20w. I measured the impeller. Magnet is 3/4" diameter; 1.5" magnet length; 2.5" end of needle wheel-end of magnet shaft. I know the company has been out of business for a while but someone has to make an impeller this size somewhere out there. All google results haven't given me the dimensions. I'll continue to look in the meantime. Thanks in advance to anyone can steer me in the right location!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be worth emailing BRS about it. No guarantees but their customer service has been pretty good in the past.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the pump is on the outside of the body, you can use whatever skimmer pump you want.

You could easily get a reefoctopus or sicce controllable skimmer pump and use one of those.
I just need the magnet on the impeller shaft. I read somewhere that Vertex used a (modified) Sicce impeller for these. Theres no details on what was modified. Maybe just the addition of one needle? Who knows.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need the magnet on the impeller shaft. I read somewhere that Vertex used a (modified) Sicce impeller for these. Theres no details on what was modified. Maybe just the addition of one needle? Who knows.
You need the whole impeller, because they are one piece. If they were separate pieces the magnet would spin around the shaft and the needle wheel wouldn’t turn.

Vertex went out of business years ago, trying to find a replacement part will be near impossible.

New pump and move on

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need the whole impeller, because they are one piece. If they were separate pieces the magnet would spin around the shaft and the needle wheel wouldn’t turn.

Vertex went out of business years ago, trying to find a replacement part will be near impossible.

New pump and move on
It was worth a shot. This skimmer owes me nothing. Random similar looking impellers go for ~$50 anyway. 15yr old pump. May as well get a new one. Thanks.

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That generation of Vertex skimmers used Sedra pumps.

or Amazon:

Screenshot 2024-03-03 011859.png

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back