Help me get ready before this storm!

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we have a nice size Storm coming thru tomorrow technically today. I don't have a generator or back up battery. How should I prepare for this. I have fish and LPS mainly corals few softies no sps. What can i do to make sure everything starts alive. I know nothing's promised but what's the best steps to take.
Screenshot_20210822-001257.png

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean without a source of power your very very limited on what you can do.

if its too hot you can manually get something to shake to fan off the top of it but that will take alot of human power. *top of a container lid or something*

If it gets too cold you can wrap blankets around it to try to insulate the tank.

For flow or to keep some kind of air getting into the tank you can stir it manually yourself using something like even the net.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean without a source of power your very very limited on what you can do.

if its too hot you can manually get something to shake to fan off the top of it but that will take alot of human power. *top of a container lid or something*

If it gets too cold you can wrap blankets around it to try to insulate the tank.

For flow or to keep some kind of air getting into the tank you can stir it manually yourself using something like even the net.
Lol i know i just hope i don't lose power;Nailbiting

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol i know i just hope i don't lose power;Nailbiting
i would invest into a back up battery from like APC something thats just barely enough to power a Flow head/Heater for around 4-8hours as it will be enough to get you through small black outs by rationing out the time its on.

Amazon had a sell on a 8hr APC battery this past week sadly for like 80$

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh forgot this one.. for heat as well make sure you got alot of ice cubes in the freezer. power goes out and starts to get hot throw them in double layer Sealed bags then float them.

Reefer58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience battery operated air pumps are the best for these types of situations. If your not able to get some then moving the water by hand helps a lot. If it gets too hot you can also take plastic sandwich bags and fill them with tank water so you can store them in the freezer. That way if the power goes out and the temperature gets higher you can float one of the bags in the tank.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if you guys didn’t read the alert, but it says power could be out for 21 days. If that’s the case your only options are to take the tank to somewhere that has power or get a generator. Batteries and little hacks to get through a few hours aren’t going to help you after the first 24 hours.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back