Help me ID these things, please!

NJReefer2023

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I’m brand new here, and was hoping you all could help me. I inherited this 15+ year-old, 225+ gallon tank with a home I moved into last fall, and have been trying to bring it back to health. Luckily it has been thriving the last few months with help from a trusted advisor, but even he has not been able to identify a couple of things I have seen. If anyone knows what these are, or where I can find out, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

IMG_2034.jpeg IMG_2036.jpeg
 
The first one is an anemone, possibly either a rock flower anemone, or a Borneman's Anemone. The second one is most likely hydroids, and should be removed if so.
 
how long have they been there?
Pink/green one is unclear, at least since before last fall, since I just moved in last September.

The fuzzy ones have been slowly growing for a number of years, according to the person who maintains the tank for me— he was the one who put it together over 15 years ago, but he didn’t know what they were, only that they were slow growing and didn’t seem to hurt anyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new