Help me ID this coral plz

  • Thread starter Thread starter Desperado
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Desperado

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
116
Reaction score
63
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this coral for around 9 years. About the size of a small fist when I got it. Now it's larger than a plate. I have asked many n hobby and most just guess. Once I had someone who knew exactly but I forgot. Thanks!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375572506.638873.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375572525.599772.jpg
 
Is it an sps or soft? I cant really tell from the picture. If I had to gues it looks like some sort of monti, maybe a cap
 
It's SPS. I think that's what some others have said - appreciate it. It's almost gotten too big for my 120 or either I need to get rid of some other rock. It's difficult to find a good place for it. That's about as good a place as any :)
 
Ya definitely a monti. Not sure if it is a cap or not? It kinda looks like it is encrusting.
 
It's SPS. I think that's what some others have said - appreciate it. It's almost gotten too big for my 120 or either I need to get rid of some other rock. It's difficult to find a good place for it. That's about as good a place as any :)
No problem! And you can literally crack off pieces and glue em on a plug and sell them when the encrust a little
 
Is there any way we can get a closer detailed pic of the corallites? Maybe with a flash or white lighting?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new