Help me ID this white, slimy string-like thing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gribbles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gribbles

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2022
Messages
582
Reaction score
457
Location
Cypress
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is white, looks like a thread of yarn, is very slimy and appears more "clear colored" when out of the tank.

I know the blues are on but hopefully the pictures give enough clues.

PXL_20240608_230052025.MP.jpg PXL_20240608_230107815.MP.jpg
 
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :cool: Your description makes me think of politicians but the picture doesn’t help me know what you have, and I just finished drinking breakfast?

Call this a bump
 
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :cool: Your description makes me think of politicians but the picture doesn’t help me know what you have, and I just finished drinking breakfast?

Call this a bump
Grabbed some in better lighting, hopefully this can help some folks
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20240609_005936886.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240609_005936886.PORTRAIT.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20240609_010118115.jpg
    PXL_20240609_010118115.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 40
Hmm, there's a LOT of this stuff in all the nooks and crannies. Then it gets into my filter and gunks it all up :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Ah well, worth it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new